Europe's strongest Calcium product, Bio-Chel Ca, now available from Dejex.
Bio-Chel Ca produced by Engage Argo Europe is a multi-function calcium, providing growers and farmers with a new source of available calcium for both root and foliar application. It is a water soluble liquid micronutrient complex using a natural soluble lignin chelate developed through Engage Agro’s MAS programme.
- Liquid Calcium (Cal 10% w/v CaO)
- For use in all irrigation types and water sources to replace Calcium Nitrate and
- Calcium Chloride.
- For use as a foliar calcium that is highly available and has a low scorch potential.
- As a source of calcium for hydroponic substrates such as Coir and Rockwool for use in crops such as tomato, pepper, cucumber and strawberry,
- For use in establishing roots in newly planted crops and the regeneration of roots
- throughout the season.
- For use as a chelating agent for rootzone available nutrients.
- For use in conjunction with PGPR’s such as Cilus Plus.
The addition of Bio-Chel Ca to a standard fertiliser programme increases the micro-organism population of six different functional groups. These groups include the beneficial bacteria (Bacilus Subtilis).
The above pictures illustrate the level of bacteria on roots under the support of Bio-Chel Ca.
- When used in irrigation systems Bio-Chel Ca may be used to bridge the calcium gap associated with nitrogen in fruit growing. It is highly soluble and available so works well within a two tank feed system.
- As foliar calcium Bio-Chel Ca will provide a calcium source which will penetrate leaves due to the lignin present and the calcium formate provides a nitrate and chloride free source which is very effective and safe on leaf.
- The level of soluble lignin in Bio-Chel Ca allows the product to bind plant growth promoting rhizobacteria to roots. This binding promotes the quxin response for enhanced growth.
- The natural chelating effects of lignin will with continued use transfer a level of chelation to nutrients present in the rootzone creating availability to the growing crop and reduce antagonistic relationships between nutrients.
- The level of natural sugars and carbon present in Bio-Chel Ca and microbial activity in rootzones and trials have proven that when used in conjunction with Serenade, Bio-Chel Ca will allow more rapid establishment of colonisation leading to greater efficacy. This can also be transferred to microbial packages provided by compost tea applications.